Monday, January 19, 2009

Christian driver refuses to board bus carrying atheist slogan

A Christian bus driver refused to drive a bus displaying an Atheist advert, Guardian reports.

"I was just about to board and there it was staring me in the face - my first reaction was shock horror. I felt that I could not drive that bus, I told my managers and they said they had not got another one and I thought I better go home, so I did."

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand, you could argue that the driver shouldn't be forced to drive around something he finds repulsive. On the other hand, simply driving the bus doesn't imply agreement with what's displayed on it. Comments?

1 comment:

street theologian said...

I'm not in his position, but, if refusal to abide under blasphemous work conditions causes financial hardship, that is the Cross he (or any of us) would be called to bear